Businesses in the North-East are being invited to a free annual conference to help them develop their international opportunities.
North-East England in a Global Europe (NEIGE) boasts an impressive line-up of speakers including European diplomats, key industrialists and senior representatives from the European Commission.
The conference, which is being held in Newcastle on Wednesday 5th March, will help companies to grow their business and access new markets.
There will be opportunities to learn about export and supply chain support services and also to learn from successful companies operating internationally.
The conference is sponsored by the Enterprise Europe Network North East (EEN) along with the North East Local Enterprise Partnership and UK Trade and Investment (UKTI).
Teesside University is one of the lead partners in EEN North East, which helps regional companies build partnerships in Europe and internationally.
The conference will also be streamed live via the web for those unable to attend and can be watched online here.
Laura Woods (pictured), Teesside University’s Director of Academic Enterprise, said: “We hope as many businesses as possible will attend NEIGE to learn about the many different opportunities for North East companies in Europe, and about new developments that can help them make the most of those opportunities.
“Delegates will learn about new ways to access funding, key sectors, regions and networks.
“The day will provide invaluable regional, national and international business connections.”
The speakers include:
- Joanna Drake, Director of SME Competitiveness, European Commission
- Anne-Marie Martin, Chief Executive, Council of British Chambers of Commerce in Europe
- Ralph Saelzer, Managing Director, Liebherr Sunderland Ltd
- Matthew Forrest, Strategy Director, Sage Plc
- Andrew Shaw, Chief Executive, Guardian Marine Testing
- Ulrika Funered, Deputy Head of Mission & Minister Counsellor at the Swedish Embassy
- Ben de Smit, Economic and Commercial Attaché, Belgian Embassy
- David Coppock, Regional Director, UKTI.
There will also be workshops offering practical advice on exporting, supply chain development and international collaboration.
The conference takes place from 9am to 5pm at the Newcastle Marriott Hotel, High Gosforth Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 5HN.