A family fun event is being held at Woodham Community Centre this weekend.
If you’re thinking of trying something new in 2014, this could be the place you start!
The event, between 10am and 2pm on Saturday (11th January), aims to promote the health benefits of active travel through a variety of activities including:
- Nordic Walking Tasters
- Dr Bike Sessions – bring along your bike and learn how to maintain it!
- Smoothie bike – use pedal power to create your very own smoothie!!
- Colour Your Life will be providing family arts and crafts
- Challenge yourself on our WATT bikes
- Free Health Checks
- Free Mini Therapy sessions
- Nia, Ageless Grace and Bokwa demonstrations
- Advice on public transport options
You will also be to find out more about our Free 6 week Active Travel Clubs, where you will get the chance to meet new people and learn new skills whilst getting active!
There will be a walking club and a cycling club, where you will be able to participate in health walks and cycle rides suited to your ability and be given information on local walking and cycling groups in the Newton Aycliffe Area.
This promises to be a great event for something for everyone! Hope to see you there!