Six people are bidding to become Newton Aycliffe’s MP in next month’s General Election.
Nigel Farage has deployed one of his Brexit big-hitters to take on Phil Wilson for the Sedgefield seat in the December 12 poll.
Londoner David Bull – currently a Brexit Party Member of the European Parliament for the North-West region – will take on Labour and Conservative candidate Paul Howell, currently a councillor for both Darlington and Durham County councils.
The Lib Dems, the Green Party and an independent have also thrown their hats into the ring to become the next MP for Sedgefield.
The SIX candidates (in alphabetical order of their surnames) for the Sedgefield Constituency are:
• David Bull (Brexit Party) from Suffolk
• John Furness (The Green Party) from Darlington
• Paul Howell (Conservative Party) from Darlington
• Michael Joyce (Independent) from Darlington
• Dawn Welsh (Lib Dems) from Gateshead
• Phil Wilson (Labour Party) from Heighington