A community hub which is visited 320,000 times a year has completed a two-week makeover costing about £150,000.
The newly-refurbished Pioneering Care Centre has welcomed back visitors, service users, tenants and staff as it re-opened its doors this week.
The centre was closed for a fortnight to carry out essential works to ensure a safe and modern environment for the whole community.
The transformation includes fresh décor, new furniture and flooring, a modern reception area and coffee shop. An impressive new Mall floor design runs through the Centre reflecting the organisation’s community roots. Greenfield school pupils helped with the inspiration behind the design.
CCTV and other security measures have also been improved following a couple of petty crime incidents, significant steps have been taken to ensure that this cannot re-occur.
PCP chief executive Carol Gaskarth said: “The Pioneering Care Centre is incredibly popular with over 320,000 visits each year and we are committed to providing the best possible facilities for our visitors.
“This is the biggest renovation project we’ve had since the Centre opened its doors to the community 17 years ago.
“We are pleased to see the greatly improved centre open for business and would like to welcome even more people to access and enjoy the range of activities and services to improve health, wellbeing and learning for all.”
An exciting timetable of activities has been arranged to encourage people to access the Centre and include:
• Live Life to the Full – 5 week confidence building course starting Wednesday 2 March 10.00am-12noon
• Introduction to Counselling and Listening Skills – 4 week course starting Wednesday 2 March 6.00 – 8.30pm
• Making Mosaics – 10 week course starting Friday 4 March 10.00am-12noon
• Nia – Tone and tune your mind and body, free session on Monday 14 March 6.30-7.30pm
• ‘Shine’ – improve body image an increase self-esteem, free session on Thursday 17 March 10.00am-12noon
• Dig-in Gardening – Mondays 10.00am-12noon
• ‘Healing Voices’ Sound Bath – Fridays 1.00-3.00pm
For more information please contact Pioneering Care Centre on 01325321234, email [email protected]