A free workshop to help prevent the development of diabetes will be held in Newton Aycliffe next week.
Love Your Life County Durham is a sport, physical activity and education programme that aims to prevent the development of type 2 diabetes by getting people active and improving their lifestyle.
The Pioneering Care Partnership is delivering FREE workshops in Newton Aycliffe, Shildon and Trimdon as part of the programme, which provides activities and education in community venues.
Education is provided by DESMOND and their Walking Away From Diabetes module.
Walking Away From Diabetes is a three-hour workshop for people who have an increased risk of developing diabetes.
Participants will learn how small changes to their lifestyle can have a positive impact on their health.
PCP is running the workshop at the following locations:
• Trimdon Grange Community Centre – Wednesday 17 August 1-4pm
• Pioneering Care Centre- Thursday 18 August 9.30am-12.30pm
• Foundations Shildon – Thursday 18 August 1.30pm-4.30pm
There is also the opportunity to attend three weeks of free physical activity taster sessions including Pilates, gentle exercise and circuits at the following locations:
• Jubilee Fields Community Centre, Shildon starts Monday 22 August 7-8pm for 3 weeks
• Trimdon Community College starts Tuesday 24 August 6-7pm for 3 weeks
• Pioneering Care Centre, Newton Aycliffe starts Wednesday 24 August 3-3.45pm for 3 weeks
Participants receive a free pedometer on completion of all activities.
To book your free place or for further information call Laura Cruddace on 0191 3781037.