Former Holiways mechanic Russ Gibson now runs Aycliffe Dairies and delivers milk, eggs and other fresh produce daily to several firms on Aycliffe Business Park.
So, in our latest issue of Aycliffe Today Business, Russ was our special Coffee Break feature.
To order regular milk and eggs from Russ, give him a call on 07751 000828 or email [email protected]
Here’s what Russ had to say.
1. What do you do?
A: I run a milk distribution company which delivers fresh locally sourced products to the public and businesses.
2. Who have you worked for in the past?
A: I had worked at the former Holiways Ford garage for 10+ years as a vehicle technician until I was made redundant.
3. Best part of your job?
A: Watching a beautiful peaceful sunrise over and over again.
4. Is there anything about your job that you really don’t like?
A: The weather can sometimes be a pain.
5. Favourite thing about working on Aycliffe Business Park?
A: The best thing about working on the business park is the feel of community and businesses supporting each other.
6. Which company/individual on the park do you do the most work with?
A: As we are a new business, marketing has been the most important thing so we are working the most with Mantis Media.
7. Who’s your tip for future success?
A: Elizabeth at Elite Cleaning.
8. Four famous people you’d love to have round for dinner and why?
A: Duncan Bannatyne, Barack Obama, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Albert Einstein.
9. If you could do something else in business, what would it be?
A: I would love to open a restaurant.
10. Who’s your favourite Tweeter?
A: David Walliams.
11. Have you ever done anything really daring?
A: I’ve done a bungee jump but I would love to do a sky dive.
12. What’s the best piece of business advice you’ve been given?
A: In order to succeed, find a problem that a potential customer needs to buy their way out of, then connect an emotion to it.
13. If money was no object, what would be your ideal car?
14. Money no object, your dream holiday would be?
15. Do you have a favourite band or type of music?
A: Coldplay are my favourite band.
16. What is your greatest achievement?
A: My three children are my greatest achievement.
17. How would you best describe yourself in four words?
A: Opinionated, fun, easy going and moody.
18. Where do you see yourself in five years?
A: In the next five years I would like to be in the position to employ people.
19. Who’s the most famous person you’ve ever met?
A: The Queen.
20. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
A: Frankie and Benny’s.